The majority of homeowners do not give much thought to the components of a refrigerator until it breaks down, or before it is time to replace it. In order to get the most use possible out of this important appliance it can be very good to know exactly how a refrigerator keeps food and drinks cool—and Like-New Appliance Repair is here to help.
Read below to learn what you need to understand concerning how refrigerators run, how it cools your food and if it is time to hire refrigerator repair Cincinnati.
Parts of a Refrigerator
You will not find too many houses that don’t feature a refrigerator inside the kitchen. It has been a must-own household appliance for a lot of years now. A residential refrigerator stores your food and drinks at the optimal temperature, to prevent spoilage and limit bacteria. The concept of refrigeration works by transferring the heat from inside of the refrigerator to the outside, relying on the principles of evaporation and condensation.
The main parts of your refrigerator are below. For questions or service call Like-New Appliance Repair:
The refrigerator compressor is both a pump and a motor, and it’s need for circulation of refrigerant in the cooling system.
The compressor is a very important part of a refrigerator. Homeowners should enlist a professional company if the compressor is no longer working.
A condenser is found on the rear outside wall of the refrigerator and will help to release the warmth built-up from within the refrigerator out into the air.
A evaporator is located on the inside of the refrigerator where it absorbs the warmth contained within it, effectively reducing the temperature inside.
The moment an evaporator stops working, it is time to enlist a professional. Don’t wait too long.
Liquified coolant is transferred within a capillary tube which works as an expansion tool as it cools the gas, turning the gas into liquid.
A refrigerator thermostat will regulate the temperature throughout the refrigerator, beginning the cooling period as appropriate.
The thermostat inside of a refrigerator is very prone to problems. Troubleshoot and call a repairman in Cincinnati for repair right after an issue occurs.
How Does Refrigeration Work?
1. Once the temperature within the refrigerator goes higher than the set point sensors alert the refrigerator compressor to start, and then the cool down starts. The unit collects the cool liquified refrigerant, condenses and pressurizes the liquid, and raises the temperature, so it can turn into a gas.
2. The compressor unit guides the hot gas towards the refrigerator condenser coils on the back of the refrigerator, where it comes into contact with the lower air temperature in the home and returns back to a liquified form.
3. The cooled liquified gas continues its journey to the evaporator component, pushing through the coils on the inside of the appliance and freezer section.
4. The liquid then absorbs the warm air from inside the refrigerator, thereby lowering the temperature until it has reached the desired set point.
5. The liquid evaporates, and turns back into a gas form, and then returns to the refrigerator compressor in order to then continue the cooling cycle.
Refrigeration is often found in a number of applications and appliances, including heat pumps, air conditioners, refrigerators and residential freezers. By extracting warmth from one area and then relocating it to elsewhere the cycle of refrigeration will help cooling your house, creates a optimal space for perishable food, and helps with the manufacturing and storage of several different products and goods.
Need Refrigerator Repair?
Does your refrigerator need service? Time to schedule repair with Like-New Appliance Repair.
Like-New Appliance Repair can repair nearly all major models of refrigerators – that includes industrial models, side-by-side and stand-alone.Our experienced technicians in Cincinnati are trained to repair and troubleshoot problems with cooling, broken ice makers, issues with condensation, puddles of water and leaks, lighting, touch panels, smart technology and numerous other issues. We know all about refrigerator repair! 100% satisfaction guaranteed!
OTHER REFRIGERATOR RESOURCES:
Copyright ©2020  Like-New Appliance Repair